cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire analog signal using cRIO Scan Interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,
I'm new to LabVIEW and I'm trying to perform a very simple task (at least I thought so), acquire a sine wave - 1KHz, 2Vpp, from signal generator using cRIO-9035 in Scan Interface mode with NI-9205, LabVIEW 2017 on Windows 10.
My program (also attached):

Snip.png
But the signal that I see is not 1kHz, it's much lower. Clearly I'm missing something.
In addition, when observing the AI channel in NI Distributed System Manager, same thing - the signal is much slower than the generated frequency.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,789 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IG.B

What is the scan engine speed? Is it picking up samples quicker than 1Khz

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,787 Views)

You can't really push the scan engine to be faster than 1kHz.  So based on Nyquist, you can only see a signal that is up to 500Hz.  You probably really want to sample at 10kHz in order to get a good representation of your signal.  Therefore, you will need to use the FPGA to read the signal and use a DMA FIFO to send the data to the RT system.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,757 Views)

I totally forgot about it...

Thanks for pointing out the basics!

But I still can't figure out how to view the AI channel in Distributed System Manager program...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,755 Views)

Tools->Distribution System Manager

Select your cRio->Expand

Click on which mod's output you want to see and expand. See output by clicking on AI0, AI1, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,741 Views)