LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation 0xC0000005 at EIP=0xB700001 when remote controlling (Labview 2011)

[Labview 2011 v11.0 32 bits, Windows 7 and Windows XP platforms]

Hello

I have got a terrible and weird issue. I compiled the attach project (containing the attached VI) and ran it. When I try to 'Debug Application' , whether the application and the Labview are on the same PC or not (does not matter), it connects to the code succesfully. I then quit the debug mode. If I then rerun the application I get the attached error (.docx document). --- Access Violation 0xC0000005 at EIP=0xB700001

I have noticed the following: the Linear Fit Coefficients.vi is reentrant and is part of a library. If I build the project after directly selecting the  Linear Fit Coefficients.vi VI, the project will fill with a lot of other things (dozens of other VIs are automatically selected, mnu files,...)

Could someone tell me how to get rid of this huge issue that prevents me to connect to my remote applications because as soon as I do it, make my debug and disconnect, the local application (.exe) will crash!

Thanks

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,503 Views)

Hi Christophe,

We have received your forum post en test your application. I was not able to reproduce the incorrect behaviour.

I want to ask you to test the executable attached to this forum pst. This executable is build in Labview 2011 SP1. 

Please reply with the result if this build produces the incorrect behaviour or not.

Can you reproduce the incorrect behabviour:

- On an other pc?

- With an other application and other VI's?

Best regards,

Corné Westeneng

Applications Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,430 Views)

Hello
The problem diasappeared when we migrated to Labview 2012.

We have another issue in Labview 2012 here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Debug-Application-why-do-the-VIs-on-the-remote-PC-not-open/m-p/21640...

Thanks

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,367 Views)

Hello again,

I have migrated all my development platform towards Labview 2012 and have found a severe issue with the 'Debug Application or Shared Library..' feature. For debug purposes I am taking control of the executable using the same Labview 2012 version that created the application. I can browse through the Vis and Globals but:

1/ When I go to Browse Relationships all Globals appear with a "?" instead of their icons

2/ When I open Globals, what is being displayed on their panels does not reflect their content !!! To illustrate this I have attached one application and the corresponding code. In the main VI called Test_DASIP_Open_FP.vi, frame 2 as an example writes a string value into the 'DASIP Version' global. When I take control of the code I can clearly probe a value being written (different than the default DASIP 6). But nothing gets displayed in the Global panel where in fact there is a value in the Global (proved by Frame 3 that displays its value in the main front Panel)

Today I am not able to debug a Labview 2012 and that is not only frustrating but also unbelievable that I did not find any other report on the Forum mentionning such basic yet major issue !

Thanks

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,282 Views)

Christophe,

According to you first question I can tell you that this is a correct behaviour. see the information in this link for more info.

In your second question you mentioned about open Globals. VI Which globals VI do I have to open?

Best regards,

Corné Westeneng

Applications Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,240 Views)

Hello

Thanks for your answers but I am afraid I do not think that you read my past posts.

1/ Your link does not explain at all what I was asking about this '?' for the Globals icons.

2/ Please check the attached files that I posted as they contain the Labview 2012 original code as well. An example of global is the 'DASIP Version' included in the 'globale temporaire startup_G'

Thanks to clarify as I am a bit lost with your answers

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,237 Views)

Hi Christophe,

I opened your files and I can reproduce the incorrect behaviour. But I'm not able to solve this issue's.

So I have started a escalation to my colleagues in the States.

If I have new information I let you know.

Best regards,

Corné Westeneng

Applications Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,222 Views)

Good evening Corné,

On one side I am very glad that you were able to confirm what I found.

On the other side it feels so weird that nobody ever noticed such a basic thing...

Please let me know, I start to regret leaving Labview 8.2...

Thanks

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,217 Views)

Hi Christophe,

About the '?' problem, they told me there isn't a solution for this problem. I will report this problem to our R&D department.

At the moment, our Applications Engineers in the States are taking some test's for the second problem.

Soon I have new information I let you know.

Best regards,

Corné Westeneng

Applications Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,191 Views)

Hi Christophe,

About the '?" problem, until now I do not have any new information.

About the second problem I received the information bellow from my colleague.

"I am unable to reproduce the incorrect behavior of the incorrect content being displayed.

I was able to take the source VIs that you sent and re-build the exe file. I got rid of the Exit LabVIEW function, had the exe "Wait for debugger on launch", and also set the main VI to not run when opened (I think a lot of the VIs behavior is missed when it originally runs and I am not able to connect the debugger quickly enough). In this new exe, I am able to get the version of the program (set in the My Application Properties window) to correctly be read by the exe, sent to the global variable, update the variables front panel, and display on the top level VI's front panel.

After doing that, I was able to verify that the customer's exe also does the same thing; the exe's version is 1.0 and that is presented on the front panel correctly."

Is this information helpfull?

Best regards,

Corné Westeneng

Applications Engineer

NI-Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,151 Views)