From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x01341F30

Solved!
Go to solution

I've recently installed LabView along with a lot of other NI products on my work computer. I can open LabView 2018 64 bit perfectly fine but when I try to open LabView 2018 32 bit I get this Access Violation. The loading screen comes up for a second and then it crashes. I do have admin rights to the computer and if I try to open as Admin it shows the loading screen and immediately shuts down but no crash report. 

I've repaired the 32 bit version through the package manager along with everything else that it suggested. No change.

I do have admin rights but I still can't access everything. I was trying to look at the firewall logs to see if a port wasn't opening that's required but I don't have access to that. I've attached the crash report files. Any help would be appreciated. I have a project that I believe was originally created in the 2016 32 bit. I can open it in 2018 64 bit but I'm getting some errors. I'd like to try it in the 2018 32 bit version. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(943 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PJ_13

This looks similar to other problems I've seen with LabVIEW loading classes which are part of VI packages which put items into the tools menu.

One easy thing you could try is going into the LabVIEW directory on disk and renaming the "<LabVIEW>\project" folder to something like "<LabVIEW>\project_hidden". When LabVIEW launches it will populate the Tools menu with things in that directory so by changing the name you're preventing LabVIEW from loading all of these extra packages as it simply can't find them. If LabVIEW loads then you'll have to do some sort of binary search to figure out what package isn't loading correctly. I want to say the SVN toolkit may have had issues with this at some point so you might want to start there.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(909 Views)

Thank you Matt. It seems I accidently copied something into that folder that I shouldn't have. Deleted it that file and now it boots up fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(902 Views)