LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied to Distributed System Manager after changing security settings

Solved!
Go to solution

I have made a mistake that I need help getting out of.  I was trying to restrict acces to my shared variables in distributed system manager.  What I did was first create a local NI Domain and then in Distributed System Manager I used the configure security feature and changed the settings for the all the groups except administrator.  In the end it didn't work as I had excepted and therefore went back to the domain manager and deleted the domain.  Now when I try to open the Distributed System Manager I get an Access Denied.  Is there a way I can "RESET" the security settings?

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terry_S

Hi Terry,

There is a way to reset this.  What version of LabVIEW are you using?  If you check out the Help page for the Security Settings Dialog Box for LabVIEW 2011 below, it describes how to remove a file called “SysMan ACL.acl” in order to do a reset.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372572D-01/sysman/ni_acl_db/

Best,

Ryan C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(2,640 Views)

Thanks, worked great.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,626 Views)

I just had the same problem and it took me a while to find the SysMan ACL.acl file. Seems this bug still exist 10 years later (with LV2021).

The file is located under: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Distributed System Manager\

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(858 Views)

Don't be surprised by the fact that the problem has not been fixed.  You are going to experience many issues with this product and discover the support is really poor.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(848 Views)