LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer TEDS CRC

I'm trying to find out how NI's TEDS (Transducer Electronic Data Sheet) Library generates it's CRC for the data stored in the accelerometer.  I need to supply the information to the a development group that is going to read the data from the accelerometer not using NI TEDS library drivers.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,809 Views)

You might want to get a copy of the spec (IEEE1451).

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,798 Views)

Thanks, but the documentation I've seen hasn't told me what CRC they use.  I'm assuming they don't mention it so you can choose your own CRC?

Any case I was wondering specifically about NI TEDS library's CRC method.  I was looking through there code, but I can't did into the function call that contains the CRC method they used.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,796 Views)

Try googling "teds crc" and look for a word document with the name: IEEE_1451d4_URN_Tutorial_090104-1.doc

When I did the search it was the 3rd document in the list but YMMV. Guess what the Number 1 document was?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,788 Views)
Thanks for the information.  CRC8.  I'll have to verify that tomorrow by writing some code.  Thanks a lot for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,783 Views)

I recently posted some CRC functions here http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=375063&query.id=15720#M375063

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,771 Views)