From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the memory problem

Solved!
Go to solution

hello, I try to input a signal into the program , and I try to run the VI. But it said : ''not enough memory to complete this operation'' , and it said : '' Aborting the Facade VI has left the XControl in an inconsistent state . To cover from here, right click on the XControl and select Advance->Update XControl. If the VI hosting the XControl is in run mode,then right-click and select Update XControl ''

Who can give me some suggestions about this problem . There is the VI Program under this article.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,762 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 劉彥均

Your "time steps = 1" input is way to small and will generate 0.25GB of 2D data alone.

Set "time steps = -1" and things will work just fine with your data.

altenbach_0-1589390535279.png

From the help:

"National Instruments recommends that you set time steps such that the number of rows in the wavelet coefficients does not exceed 512. If you specify a small value for time steps, this VI might return a large number of wavelet coefficients, which requires a long computation time and more memory."

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,707 Views)

Thank you for your help . I also try to reduce the length of the signal(one part of signal) . I found an interesting thing . I make the time step to 1000  and reduce the length of the signal . my graph is ok .

After you share your tips , my graph(all signal) is also ok  .

Your tips are very useful . Thank you  . 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,698 Views)