From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About multiple devices(for Felipe)

Hi Felipe , I ’m luiart.
Thanks for help. I’ll try to look for that you told me but first I want to tell you something more about what I must do.
You asked me what kind of syncronization I needed: well I need a start trigger for both the daq-cards. I hope you can help me as you have done last time.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,198 Views)
Luiart;

I don't quite remember your whole application, but if you need to synchronize two boards and have one trigger signal starting the analog input tasks on both boards, you can connect both boards by using the RTSI cable, and route the signal called AI Start Trigger from the first board to be used at the second board, and configure both boards as triggered AI.
What is going to happen is when the first board receives the trigger signal (or achieve the trigger level if it is a Analog Hardware trigger), the AI Start Trigger signal will be generated, and that signal will trigger the second board of.
I'm attaching a Labview example which does a Analog Hardware trigger on both boards using that technique. You can easily modify the code for a digital trigger if
you need to.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,198 Views)