LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About - menu item in LabVIEW 8.2 executable

When using a custom menu with a LV 8.2 built executable, the "About" application item (APP_ABOUT) appears as "About LabVIEW..." in the menu instead of just "About...".  This happens with any custom menu and even the Minimal menu, though not with the Default menu.  I'm assuming that this is a bug, though I'd appreciate confirmation.  -Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,193 Views)
Hello,

I just verified this behaviour. I would be reporting this to R&D, but I dont think issue can be classified as a bug. In the meantime I guess you can design a specific menu for the "About" functionality.

Regards,
Chetan K
Application Engineering
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,168 Views)
Oh, I beg to differ; I think it can definitely be classified as a bug and it should absolutedly be reported to R&D.  This is an undocumented change in a type of behavior that goes back to at least LabVIEW 3 or so and has worked by the same mechanism since LabVIEW 5.1.  Given that the APP_ABOUT menu item can still be used to call a custom About.vi, and that it still works properly with the Default menu, I'm pretty certain that this was not changed intentionally.  Besides of which, I know quite a few LabVIEW programmers that won't be pleased having to create a custom menu event handler just to avoid "About LabVIEW..." appearing in their application menus!  Please report this to R&D and post the CAR ID#.   Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,155 Views)
Codeman,

Chethan is out today I'll let him know of your post.
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,140 Views)
Hello Codeman,

I do agree about the inconsistency. I have already file a corrective action report (ID 44BE1JKQ) with R&D about this issue.

Regards,
Chetan K
Application Engineering
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(3,114 Views)
Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,108 Views)