LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About NI PCI based Card

Hello Everyone,

I have a doubt that imagine that I'm running my vi which execute some function for  8 hours  for some project  using NI PCI Card, and  I do not touch my pc till the duration completes I have change the pc sleep to never does the vi execute without any problem..??

please let me know I'm new to LabVIEW so

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 41
(2,811 Views)

Hi Gowtham,

I have change the pc sleep to never does the vi execute without any problem..??

Usually: Yes!

(Well, your VI should be as bug-free as possible, otherwise there could occur problems independent from sleep mode of the computer…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 41
(2,782 Views)

Hello Sir,

My Vi has no error, but the problem is when I run the vi the program starts running and I'm playing some music which is 10 hours even I'm displaying the Time but if I return to my pc after the 10 hours the time displayed in the Indicator will be different value like it has the expected Display is 10:50:12(H:M:Sec) but the actual display is like 2350:12:56 something like that please do give me a solution. I have attached the code also.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 41
(2,771 Views)

Two suggestions:

On your waveform graph- change the Time Axis Format to Relative Time

Capture.PNG

Then replace this mistake:

Capture1.PNG1.png

With your own counter as shown

the iteration terminal STOPS INCREMENTING at 2^31-1

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 41
(2,762 Views)

I don't see any Time VIs (except unconnected ones in a Diagram Disable), but I suspect that "Time Arithmetic" is what is bugging you.  LabVIEW's Time Stamp is a little strange, but you can think of it as a "Second" counter.  If you subtract two Time Stamps, you get the time difference in seconds.  Similarly, if you add 10*60*60 to the current time, this represents 10 hours (60 seconds/minute, 60 minutes/hour) and should be the time ten hours from now.

This Snippet (in LabVIEW 2016) shows how to do this.  I've also attached the VI itself.

Elapsed Time.png

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 41
(2,758 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I don't see any Time VIs (except unconnected ones in a Diagram Disable), but I suspect that "Time Arithmetic" is what is bugging you.  LabVIEW's Time Stamp is a little strange, but you can think of it as a "Second" counter.  If you subtract two Time Stamps, you get the time difference in seconds.  Similarly, if you add 10*60*60 to the current time, this represents 10 hours (60 seconds/minute, 60 minutes/hour) and should be the time ten hours from now.

This Snippet (in LabVIEW 2016) shows how to do this.  I've also attached the VI itself.

Elapsed Time.png

Bob Schor

Not really strange, since time is usually defined as "seconds since <INSERT EPOCH TIME HERE>."

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 6 of 41
(2,747 Views)

Hello Sir,

Actually I cant change the Time axis to relative timing because the project is different for which we are using, and I didn't get the second solution...??.

When I run my Vi it has to stop after the end of music but its still not ending and giving me a random display as I discussed earlier

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 41
(2,715 Views)

Hello Sir,

Actually I need to count the time because I need to know how many hours has taken to run music, but I didn't get what you were supposed to tell.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 41
(2,714 Views)

Hello sir,

When I came after some time to my PC screen was off when I touch mouse, Monitor gets ON and I saw that random changing value and the error was occurred as follows

Error -200290 occurred at SCL Analog Output Sound File.vi

Possible reason(s):

The generation has stopped to prevent the regeneration of old samples. Your application was unable to write samples to the background buffer fast enough to prevent old samples from being regenerated.

To avoid this error, you can do any of the following:

1. Increase the size of the background buffer by configuring the buffer.
  2. Increase the number of samples you write each time you invoke a write operation.
  3. Write samples more often.
  4. Reduce the sample rate.
  5. If your data transfer method is interrupts, try using DMA or USB Bulk.
  6. Reduce the number of applications your computer is executing concurrently.

In addition, if you do not need to write every sample that is generated, you can configure the regeneration mode to allow regeneration, and then use the Position and Offset attributes to write the desired samples.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<3>

please suggest me a solution

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 41
(2,707 Views)

Do not let your PC go to sleep!  Change the power profile settings from the control panel.  "Sleeping" hardware does not "Do Work".

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 41
(2,696 Views)