From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About IMAQ display control

hi,

I am trying to use the scrollbar of the IMAQ display control, but I found that the scrollbar only can be used by click and hold the scrollbar. And then I want to modify some properties of such scrollbars, like position and size, but I finally found that I can not change these properties. 

I want to change scrollbar's position by scroll the mouse, I need your help.

Thanks for any help!

Kawhi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(565 Views)

The IMAQ control is basically 'as is', and there's little you can do about it's behavior.

If you want a scrollbar with custom behavior, you can use a scrollbar control and catch it's events. On events, change the origin of the IMAQ image.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(534 Views)

Thanks for your kind reply!

As you said, the IMAQ controls are basic, I can do little about change properties of IMAQs, is there another advanced solution for image shows?

Looking forward to your reply!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(480 Views)

@kawhi wrote:

As you said, the IMAQ controls are basic, I can do little about change properties of IMAQs,

Basic isn't really how to describe them/. They are pretty advanced controls. They are very limited in how they can be customized.

@kawhi wrote:
 is there another advanced solution for image shows?

Sort of.

You can convert to a picture control (pixmap).

This will be relatively slow though.

And while this allows you to make the control behave as you want (to some extend), you will have to make everything you want it to do.

I'd see if you can hide the IMAQ scrollbar, and use your own scrollbar(s). Catch events of the scrollbar, and change the origin accordingly.

The terminology of the scrollbar properties are a bit tricky, but you don't need a lot of code to link a scrollbar to another control. It just needs to be just right 😉. Of course you'd need an event structure, and that could be a massive change if you don't already have one in your architecture.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(453 Views)