LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abnormal VI pause by itself

When I am running a VI ramping up a power supply, for example, from 0V to 3.3V with a step of 0.1V. The VI abnormally pauses by itself while the VI is running. For example, it stops when the power supply voltage reaches 1.0V with no error message. The VI shows it is still running but the power supply voltage stops increasing.

Previously, this VI works fine. But now it always pauses with the same undesired power supply output in the middle of the process. Recently, I installed Tekvisa. I have tried to uninstall Tekvisa and Labview, and then install Labview again. But this does not solve the problem.

The other VIs also do not work properly. They also pauses in the middle. By the way, I can detect and communicate with the instruments in NI MAX.

Please advise the possible reasons for this problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,491 Views)

Please post the vi (or several as a zip if needed) that displays the problem. In general it's impossible to say, but it can be too fast commands which'll lock up the serial port.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,472 Views)

Does it work if you use Higlight Execution?

If not, where is it stuck? Is it a DLL call or similar?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,449 Views)