LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abnormal Result

Hi Everybody

I am working with this VI and when the Boolean switch is connected to a single case structure it is working fine but when it is connected two case structure it is showing abnormal result....

Any suggestion will be helpful

thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,106 Views)

You've got to provide more detail than that.  What is the "abnormal result"?  What would a normal result be?

I see a lot of odd constuctions in your VI.

1.  Putting an event structure inside a case structure is usually a bad idea.  Especially one where you lock the front panel.  You could catch an event, but if the event structure never gets into the path of execution because that particular case never occurs, you're front panel will effectively lock up forever.

2.  Why do you have a true coming out of the true case of a case structure, and a false out of a false.  You've already got the boolean value going into the case structure's selector.  The entire case structure is pointless.

3.   Something OR False is always the something.  ORing with false is a meaningless operation.

4.  Why do you write to the terminal of numeric3 and a local variable of it at the same time?  They do the same thing.

I suggest you read through the Rube Goldberg Code thread.  Recognize the patterns in your code that are highlighted in that thread and clean them up.  Then your code should be easier to debug.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,104 Views)

Actually I want to create the working condition of MAX5389 Digital Potentiometer and I also attaching somewhat working VI but still is not properly working like Controlling the width of the pulse manually. The inner for loop control the width. Now if we increase width means if we incerase the index of for loop then the addition continues for half of the index of the for loop. we want to execute the addition once for n no of times for the for loop.

Any insight will helpful

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,090 Views)