LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to run my VI but nothing appears in the block diagram

Everything was normal and I can edit and add to the block diagram, until I started to get warnings whenever I add anything new to the block diagram that "not enough memory to complete this operation". I did all what ni suggested to solve the error, but nothing was resolved. 

Now I can run my vi but when I shift to the block diagram nothing appears.

Anyone faced this issue and can help in solving it? I have large blocks in block diagram and I do not want to lose them,and I still need to add more.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,750 Views)

Do you use SCC? Then revert the changes and try again.

Can you post the VI?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,739 Views)

How big is your VI? Both in kb and pixels.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,727 Views)

Yes please find the VI attached. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,706 Views)

No problem here (LV2019), but your block diagram is absolutely humongous in pixel size. Why all that space? It is absolutely unreadable. I guess that can cause problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,698 Views)

The space is generating by itself, please can you screenshot the block diagram that you are getting? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,694 Views)

Your block diagram is not empty, it is just stretched so wide you can barely see anything.  It appears to be about 30 screens wide and perhaps 1 screen high.  Turn on the navigation window.

I tried to do block diagram cleanup, but it seems like it is taking forever.

You might be able to clean it up your self by dragging the nodes around or using a Ctrl-Alt left click drag to reduce white space.

If that fails, go back to your source code control and get your last backup copy.

Or you might just want to recreate the VI from scratch.  It doesn't look too complicated.  The front panel seems more complicated than the block diagram.  And you seem to be able to navigate around the block diagram enough to see the code to be recreated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,691 Views)

I cannot take a picture of the BD, the picture would be in gigabytes as the size is 30+ screens. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,687 Views)

I repeated the VI, and the same thing happened when I reached a certain stage. I need to add more to the block diagram, so what am I supposed to do ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,681 Views)

Do it step by step, keeping a version of the VI (preferably in a SCC system) for each change, and identify which step fails. I see some express VIs, and although I haven't explored all of that huge block diagram space, I would not be surprised to see some dynamic data type nodes too. Perhaps these could be the culprit. I suggest you do not use express VIs or anything with that light-blue color since you will not learn LabVIEW by using them. What you are trying to do should be easy without them.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,675 Views)