LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aardvark SPI to program board

Our team have purchased Aardvark Total Phase Adaptor, which will be used on programming our test boards thru SPI. We are now using this for a month, but using their Flash Center software.

We have decided to use Labview to program our boards automatically.

Searching for the web, Total Phase provided a Labview DLL which we can use.

But being new to SPI, I can't start making the code for our project. What we need is the common IC programming methods - Erase, Write and Verify (these 3 at the very least).

Can anyone help me on this. I was given a timeline, and I'm already behind schedule. I've tried doing things on my own but nothing really works. Maybe a sample VI of yours related to this might also help on my project.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,911 Views)

Since your project use a very specific hardware, we cannot know neither how to do it.

Therefore, Many of us have experience with SPI.

Please provide the library you have from the hardware as well as the LabVIEW VI example you have to access it.

To do a program verify erase, you will need to know that is the slave device you are trying to access, or the address/protocol/more info on that device.

Help us to help you.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,891 Views)

Hi Benoit,

There are no related files included on the hardware.But I've managed to download the dll file and it's Labview VIs on their website. Hopefully this is enough to run the project

Note: aardvark.dll, as instructed on TP's website, must be located on C:\Windows\System32 folder

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,883 Views)

Well, it seems that the library is quite user friendly.

use the aardvark.llb and open the example on the SPI.

If you don't understand, it means that you are missing the knowledge on the SPI. so learning on what is SPI will greatly help you.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,879 Views)

You're right, I have zero knowledge on SPI. I'm trying to read materials related to this, but my brain is not taking it..

Maybe someone can give me a simple instruction on what and how to throw data to the given llb to start writing program on the flash memory.

Thanks

(I'm still reading anything related to this while waiting for forum replies)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,855 Views)

Good luck on the forum. It is related to a specific hardware. Not much people might use it.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,852 Views)