LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG Antivirus detect Labview 7.1.1 builded executable as trojan

This morning (13-May-2010) after AVG updated Virus definition all application compiled with Labview 7.1.1 were detected as infected by a trojan : Downloader.Agent2.WTI and automatically moved to vault or deleted.

After checking the PC (without finding any trojan) with different Antivirus I concluded that this was a fake recognition of AVG. This was confirmed by several customers worldwide (using our software compiled with LV 7.1.1) reporting of the same exact problem. The possibility for the Trojan to have simultaneosly infected different PCs in different locations is very rare. 

Anyway AVG caused some problems : in the best case the EXE were just moved into the vault (so after disabling AVG Resident Shield and recovering all went ok) but in the worst case AVG deleted the "infected" files causing the need for a new installation. 

Hope this can help someone to prevent the same problem ! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,481 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
Ah, gotta love anti-virus. Or not... Anti-Virus Software: Is the Cure Worse Than the Disease?

At least it called LabVIEW a TROJAN.  Much better than a worm IMHO.

Thanks for the heads up.  I use AVG at home. 

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,440 Views)

We did contact AVG and had the following reply from Support -

>Please let us inform you that it is possible that the detected files
> are a false alarms. This means that the files are clean and
> virus-free, but AVG detects them as viruses. If so, we shall
> prepare the correction as soon as possible. Unfortunately, false
> alarms do appear from time to time in every Anti-Virus software.

Since receiving that message there have been no further reports of infected files.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,374 Views)

Today I updated AVG virus definition and activated the Resident Shield. It seem that now there are no more problems !!!

Thanks to AVG for proompt answer and thanks to National for the support.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,358 Views)

I have had the same problem with McAfee.  I was copying developer DVD's to the hard drive and some of the files were tagged as infected and removed.  And when I tried to send them a sample of the file they said the file was too big.

Go figure??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,341 Views)