From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASAM XiL

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to incorporate ASAM XiL (ASAM XIL) in LabVIEW? I have another program that can communicate over an ASAM XiL API and I need to connect that program with LabVIEW. (The other program is ECU-Test). I know this is possible with NI VeriStand (ASAM XIL API - Generic Simulator Interface - NI VeriStand 2018 Help - National Instruments) but we would like to use LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,266 Views)

Hurray! Another "Open Source" standard! Free of charge (for members)... 

There's a C# reference library (for members)... That could help (for members).

If you have access to the specification, it would probably be not that hard to make it work.

Without the specification, who knows?

I'd run unless I got paid for a membership.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,247 Views)

Thanks for the reply! So you do not think there is a inbuild function palette or something in LabVIEW that supports the API?

Best regards

Christoffer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChristofferHjalmarsson

@ChristofferHjalmarsson wrote:

Thanks for the reply! So you do not think there is a inbuild function palette or something in LabVIEW that supports the API?

Definitely not build in.

I'm also pretty sure NI doesn't have an add-on for that.

There's ASAM XIL TestStand Steps Download - NI for TestStand... It might adapt to LabVIEW. If the steps are API calls (or VIs of course!) it might be easier than starting from 0.

On the tools network only ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit Download - NI mentions ASAM XiL.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,230 Views)

Thank you very much for the answer!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,202 Views)

@ChristofferHjalmarsson wrote:

Thank you very much for the answer!

I'm sorry it's not better news.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6