LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPcrash with build

Hello,

I have developed a application which communicates with a remote device. The connection between the PC and the device is an ethernet connection, using a telnet session.

The application is used to write files from the PC to the device. Before the device can receive the file the device must be in a special mode. The sequence that is used in the application is as follows:

- push button to select upload mode in the device (After this is done the device must be restarted)

- Wait till device is restarted again.

- Push button to verify if the device is in upload mode

- write file to device.

During development (I have used Labview professional 2010) the above described sequence works correctly. But I also have build a application and a installer. When I run the build application the application crashes after the verification of the device. (I receive a APPCRASH failure) The crash results in closing my program.

When I restart the application (device is still in upload mode) I push the button to verify the mode of the device and the application works correct and I can upload a file.

Searching the forum I have found some other examples of an APPCRASH but turning off the tablet function did not give a correct result. The application still crashed.

Can somebody help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,680 Views)

Dear Teun,

I'm sorry for the late response and the problems you are having with your exe. Can you check if Data Execution Prevention is activated by doing the following:

1. Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties.
  2. Click the Advanced tab.
  3. Under the Performance section, click Settings.
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
  5. Check to see if DEP is activated for essential Windows programs and services only, or for all programs except those you select.
  6. If DEP is on for all programs, either change it to be on only for Windows programs and services, or add an exception for your new EXE.

The errors and crashes should stop occurring once an exception is made for your application or you choose to use DEP for only essential Windows programs and services.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,558 Views)

Dear Martijn,

I'm also sorry for not replying earlier, but I have checked your suggestion.

DEP is activated for essential Windows programs and services only.

The application still crashes.

Best regards,

Teun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,531 Views)

Dear Teun,

To help you further can you please provide me with the following information;

-can you temporary disable the firewall / virusscanner?

-can you try the executable on another system? If another system doesn't work as well, can you please post the source VI? (if the VI is to big; please reduce it to only the problem it self, functionality doesn't matter; we only want to have the crash)

-Is there a windows  or a Labview error log available after the APPCRASH? Please post if available

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,521 Views)

Dear Martijn,

- Firewall and virusscanner are disabled

- three other systems tested

- windows log file send with PM.

- I hope I can send you the VI later

Best Regards,

Teun

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,511 Views)

Hi Teun,

I assume the other three systems didn't work as well. Can you post the VI?

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,489 Views)