From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP2722(instrument driver) or AP2222(ActiveX to APWIN)

I recently asked a similar question but I want to try to re-ask a better question.

Is it well known that using Instrument Driver with 2722 will have easier implementation than LabVIEW with AP2222 via Active X?

I have the option to use either but I was just curious if the collective experience had an opinion about which one might be better to use.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,361 Views)

Hi Danny,

You would be better off using the instrument drivers.  The 2722G and 2722A are NI certified, meaning that we've tested and verified it.  However, the 2722 is not NI certified, and may have bugs.  The instrument drivers can be found here:

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:id,ssnav:sup/q/2722/

The advantage of using the instrument drivers is that you have access to the code and functions.  If you do detect an error, you can troubleshoot it.  With ActiveX, you'll have to trust the publisher of the control that all of the functions work correctly.

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,346 Views)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,341 Views)

Hi

I am using ap2722 for my graduate project. I have to generate offset voltage from ap 2722 output. how can i generate offset voltage by using ap 2722's labview driver

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,252 Views)

Hi enes,

Which driver are you using to communicate to your device? Is it the 2722G, 2722A or 2722?

Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,236 Views)

i am using 2722 for project, driver name is "Audio Precision 2700 Series".

thanks,

Enes Karav,

Student of Electronics Engineering

Istanbul Technical University

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,231 Views)

Hi Enes,

As Che T. mentioned, the 2722 driver is not NI certified. I would recommend contacting the company who makes your device or else hopefully someone else on the forum will have used this device driver successfully to set offset voltage.

Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,211 Views)

Thank you;

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,203 Views)