cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMTI, splitting signals

Hey NI wizards

*using labview 8.5

*USB NIDAQ 6009

Im a total novice, working on an AMTI force platform, that generates 6-outpus, to my USB-NIDAQ 6009.

Ive got the signals coming nicely, and displayeded them on one graph.

What I need to do is split up the signals, and do mathematic operations on each of these channels, then recombine the channels and display them on the graph.

Its some basic math, converting te Voltage difference into Newtons. I tried to use the signal splitter, and conver the dynamic data into data which i fed into 'index array' function, and then did the arrithmetic on that, then changed the data to a matrix again, then converted it to dynamic data again, then combined it all into one...

The graph thats coming it is just correct....

1) Whats the simplest way to split and use these channels?

2) can i save the graph image, and store it into a database?

thanks alot

Daleel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,567 Views)

Hi,

If you use virtual in MAX then you will be able to get each channel independently and have MAX scale it for you ( you will also need to create a scale in MAX).  Each channel can be accessed independantly or acquired in a 2D array.  Since it is already scaled in MAX you could just run the data directly to the Graph without the need for splitting conversion, recombination ect.

You can get the flat image data by using the invoke node "Get Image" on the graph. This will give you the flat image data based on your 2 inputs (image depth and BG color).   The flat image data can then be converted to a BMP, JPG, ect and saved using the appropiate write graphics VI.

-Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,562 Views)
I'm trying to do the same thing.  I'm not quite sure what you mean by virtual in MAX.  I've never used it.  I'm using Index Array to split the signal up and that's working just fine.  I just don't know how to combine the signals again after modifying them.  Could you please help?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,479 Views)

I don't think your question as anything to do with the original post but in any case, it sounds like you just need to use the Build Array function.

LabVIEW Tutorials

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,473 Views)