LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Voltage measurement with CB-68LP, PCI-6024E, PCI-6035E and Analog DC power supply.

Can any friend correct my first DC Voltage measurement experiment?  Please also open the PDF file for the graphic description.

Equipment and Software:
1. NI LabVIEW 6.1 version
2. CB-68LP, PCI-6024E, PCI-6035E and Analog DC power supply

My process:
1. Connection setup as shown in below figure (see the attached PDF file). I connect a R6868 ribbon cable to either PCI-6024E or PCI-6035E card. Use AI to feed DC voltage to CB-68LP.  The input voltage is from 1 DCV to 10 DCV.
Question: Is the connection setup correct? Is my concept correct? Can it measure an analog DC voltage and read the same analog output DC voltage as shown on LV screen?

2. I found that PCI-6035E is selected as Device 1.
3. I found and opened an example, Continuous Voltage Measurement.vi from LV 6.1 as shown below.  Once turn the power supply ON, the voltage read nothing and keep on running as 0 V.
Question: Is the default example ready (Continuous Voltage Measurement.vi) to measure an analog DC voltage from CB-68LP?  Do I need to change the Continuous Voltage Measurement.vi?

4. I changed the Device as 2 and increased the high limit to 8.00V; the reading value is 10V no matter what input I feed in.
Question: What happened here?  I am starting doubt my IQ.

5. I also tried to change the Device 2 but I could not change the channel selection (see page 5).
Question: How do I change it?

I just could not find how to change the Configuration for Device 2.
Thank you for your kind help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,500 Views)

Hi,

1. The connection setup looks fine to me for a single ended measurement - you may want to connect to 68 and 32 for differential measurements.

3. The example should be ready to take measurements

4. The Data Acquisition card forces the input range to a valid value - 8V is not a valid range and it will be coerced to 10V - this is expected.

5. I am not sure why its not letting you cahnge the channel but a good way to test you hardware is by opening up a test panel in Measurement and Automation Explorer - can you try that and let me know?

Hope this helps!

Abhinav T.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments India

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours
Getting Started with NI-DAQmx
Measurement Fundamentals
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,464 Views)
Thanks Abhinav T,
  Excellent answer, this answer  is the one I really need.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,458 Views)