LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVANTECH USB4716 input/output

Hello, 

I am an undergraduate student and I am in an internship. I have to work also with the DAQ Advantech USB4716 and I use the LabVIEW's user libraries with Windows Xp to program it. In fact, I would like to make a mechanical experiment which enables to measure the displacement and the strain applied on the skin while I send the voltage control of the motor which enables to obtain loading/unloading cycle of the skin. To do it, I use an analog input of the Advantech USB4716 DAQ to control the motor, and measure the displacement and the strain with 2 analog inputs. So, I would like to know if it is possible to use simultaneously one input and many outputs on the Advantech. I have already tried to program and test, I send the voltage control, but I didn’t manage to measure the mechanical parameter. In fact, it doesn’t work. I joined my program and a picture if you want to see if I have a programming problem.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,498 Views)

Hi!

I think the main reason of your problem is, that the second while loop (where you want to read the data) is waiting for the first while loop to finish (stop running).

This is because the same boolean value is wired to the Loop Condition terminal of the two loops. (Data flow, to see it use the Execution highlighting (the small lightbulb) )

To solve this problem, create an indicator for the boolean value, that you are usnig to control the run of your first while loop.

After that create the local variable of the indicator. (Right click on the block diagram object of the indicator, => create => Local variable)

Right click on the local variable => and click on change to read

After this step you can wire the local variable to the  Loop Condition terminal of the second while loop.

Aqttached you can find a VI, I created to demonstrate the use of paralel running while loops.

I hope this solution idea will help you! (Maybe the error wire of the second while loop can be removed during the test too.)

Please let me know, if it worked!

Feel free to ask for help if any other problem occurs!

Best Regards,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,475 Views)

Hello Balazs Nagy,

Thank you so much for your help. I am so sorry to answer you so belatedly.

My application works, I am able to send the motor control and to acquire datas at same time.

Your example was really helpful. But, I have still a little problem with my application.

In fact, I would like to send the voltage control each second of my experiment, this is the reason which I used a time delay of one second in my while loop. But, I would like also to acquire the measured datas with a sampling frequency of 1kHz. So, I have used a while loop whose the stop condition is the end of motor control trame and which waits one millisecond between each acquisition. Consequently, when I want to send a trame which lasts 30 seconds, I should have 30000 data acquisitions, but I don't know why I have fewer acquisition. I don't think this problem is cause of the execution time.

So, if you have a solution, I am very grateful !

Best regards,

WhyTantal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,417 Views)

Hi!

I'm glad that your application works now better!

First of all I'd like to ask, how many samples are you loosing?

Have you tried to replace the flat sequence structure with wiring the error wires?

Because if you have a look at your program, you can wire the error out terminal of the Device Open.vi to the error in of the Read from Model File.vi.

Wiring like this ensures sequential run of your code.

I attached a picture, to make it clear what I mean.

Please try my suggestions!

I'm waiting for your response!

Best regards,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,373 Views)

Hai Sir,

I am an undergraduate from Krishnamurthy Institute Of Technology & Engineering with the background of Electronics.I am doing major project based on USB-4716 with the title "Data Acquisition and Signal Controlling using USB-4716". In doing this project, i'm getting partial information regarding the applications of our project. so can you please help me out in giving few real life applications and the different inputs that we can give inorder to make our project successful. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanking You sir,

-Regards

K Kranthi Rekha.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,153 Views)

Hi kranthi.pink91!

I hope you will find what you are looking for on the website of Advantech:

http://support.advantech.com/support/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=4716&searchtabs=BIOS,Certificate,Data...

If not, could you please explain what do you need?

BR,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,136 Views)