LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADODB and DotNet

Does any one ever use ADODB with dot Net.  I have create a function to get stored procedures list from SQL. I alway got an error as "specified methode not found".  I have succesfully doing this using Active X.  Don't know what go wrong with Dot net.

I included the vi below.  Thanks for all the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,689 Views)

Hey Tphan,

Where in the code are you getting this error - is it in the Execute method?  Is there an errror number that comes with the message? What version of the .NET framework do you have installed on your machine? 

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,654 Views)

Thanks for respond to my post.

Yes, It is in the execution methode- with error 1316 which labview explained as "Specified method not found."

I have Microsoft.Net Framework 1.1, 2.0,3.0 and 3.5 installed in my computer.  The file "adodb.dll" in the folder "\program Files\Microsoft.net\Primary Interop Assemblies\" is what link to show a version of ADODB(7.0.3300.0) When I link it to the contruction note.

What is strange is that When I right click on the execution,  The properties and methodes open up with many duplication such as 3 open methode, 3 close methodes...

I must have somthing very wrong.

Tuan Phan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,631 Views)

Hey Tuan,

You can check the version of the ADOdb assembly from C:\WINDOWS\assembly (you should see 7.0.3300.0 there)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by duplicate properties and methods - can you post a screenshot? 

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,612 Views)

Hello Misha,

Sorry for not reply right away.  Iwas busy doing something else.  Anyway,

yes, it does show 7.0.3300.0 in the assembly folder.  Here is the screen

for that screwup propertyof the recordset.

scr.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,602 Views)

I forgot to mention that I used LV8.5 professional version.

Tphan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,601 Views)
Tphan-

I have opened your code in LabVIEW 8.5, 8.6, and 2009.  Each environment, the same behavior occurs.  Therefore, I believe this is a new issue and I will report it to R&D (CAR #180836) for further investigation.  I did notice that is only occurs at the “Recordset” and “Connection” Nodes.  I also noticed when one of the parameters is selected, it chooses each instance therefore not messing up the code.  It is simply unexpected behavior.

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,575 Views)

Smiley SadBummer...I got a dead end here until problem solved. 

Thanks for your support.  Hope to hear back from you soon.

Tuan Phan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,570 Views)

Tphan-

Please post back to this thread to request any status updates on this CAR.

Regards,

Mike S
NI AE
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,558 Views)