LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACPI (NHC) disabled because of Labview Installation

Hi,

I've bought a Labview Student Edition with additional Toolkits. A Evaluation Edition was installed before.
After the Installation of LV SE the Program Notebook Hardware Control (NHC) doesn't works anymore.
It seems like the ACPI is disabled. I think this problem occuried not with the Evaluation version.

I want to install LV and I want to use NHC. Where is the Problem? Disable LV ACPI under WinXP Prof. (SP2)?
Is it just one Toolkit? Suggestions?

I reinstall a Disk-Image now...

bye
stefan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,593 Views)
Hi Stefan,

could the reinstallation fix your problem?

Regards Chris
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,550 Views)
I haven't tried it again since them. But I think it would happen again. I could try install Labview Basic and then install the modules separatly!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,544 Views)
anyone got a fix for this problem? the problem comes from installing  NI488.2 drivers. I had noticed that it install some acpi drivers which interferes with NHC ACPI functionality.
I need to have NHC running properly to keep my laptop fan running properly (bug in my asus laptop).  So i have tried deleting that NI acpi device but the system just crashes after that and need to do a system restore.
Uninstalling NI 488.2 and everything becomes normal.  Labview works fine without NI488.2 drivers and does not interfere with NHC ACPI functions.
What is that NI ACPI device used for anyway? Anyway to not install that device and still have the GPIB interface working?

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,383 Views)
Hmm, at the moment I don't have the problem, but I'm not sure if really IEEE488 is the problem. I don't have any device to test if the interface would work but the VIs are avaiable. Are the, if the driver is uninstalled?

I just made a backup, installed core installation, test it, made a backup, installed additional parts, test it,...

so now its working I think its just luck 😉 but perhabs I really haven't installed the drivers and you are right about the 488 drivers but I dont have a solution for you. But thanks this will help me at the next installation 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,358 Views)