From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACBR Usage question

OK, I admit I've been fighting this all day and

So, I have a VI I want to "fire and forget" Via Asynchronous Call by Referance.  This VI is owned by project "Gateway Resouces" and getting a ref to the VI works within the Project.

Today I called the VI containing the ACBR to the VI I need to fire and forget.  Got error 1445 complaining about the name of the vi being no longer relevant since the owning project changed (...on Displays.project vice on Resources...)

OK, so I dropped a P-node to get the "Qualified name" I got no "on.... " since it is a project not a library.

I eventually abandoned the ACBR for two invoke nodes (to assign control values and run.vi) but ther is going to be a price to pay after I build the application.

Any wisdom?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,207 Views)

I don't use 2011, so this is just a guess.

You say that the error refers to being in the wrong project. Each project functions as a separate application instance, so if you want to connect to a different project, you need to provide the correct application reference to the OVR primitive, as if the project is on a completely separate machine. To get that, you need to use the Open App Reference primitive with the correct port, which should be configurable in the project properties.

(2,198 Views)