LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A sub VI of a Tektronix driver is giving a VISA error in Event-Driven State Machine Error code: -1073807346

Hello,

So, I'm designing a program that uses a Tektronix TDS 1002C-EDU oscilloscope
which is reading a signal through one channel from a Keithley waveform
generator. The VI is an event driven state machine and the main goal is to have
the program record and export signals into a data file that meets a threshold
(trigger) voltage set by the user and ignore signals that fall below it.
Oscilloscope test VI (1.7) (attached file) is a rough build but I need to
reduce the lag time by taking out the intialize SubVI and close SubVI from the
play state. I did that in Oscilloscope test VI (1.8) however, I keep getting an
error at the Read Measurement subVI (Error: -1073807346) when I run the VI. I'm currently using LabVIEW 2016 (32 bit windows 7) on a Toshiba Satellite P100. It has 2gb of DDR2 memory with an Intel (Centrino Duo)
core (TM)2 cpu: T5200 @ 1.60 GHz.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,248 Views)

This is a big mess. You created a very strange state machine. I spot several problems. Have a look at some official examples how to design a proper State Machine.

Main problems I spot: you Initialize the Textronix, but then in your "Play State Machine" and "Pause State Machine" Event cases you just Default the Reference value (the ref wire is not connected through)!

As I see you made a kind of "inside-out" State Machine: the usual single loop Event Driven State Machine has the Event Structure inside in one Case of the Case Structure. You have your Case Structure inside of the Event Case...Check the official templates...

Edit: and I guess you did not attach the whole project, there are missing files, like controls and Project files...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,227 Views)