LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A source distribution created in 32-bit LabView 2009 says that VIs aren't executable when opened in 64-bit LabView 2009. How do I run the main VIs?

Solved!
Go to solution

A source distribution was made for a VI using 32-bit LabView 2009. The distribution was verified to work on another machine that ran 32-bit LabView 2009. However, when opened on a 64-bit LabView 2009, the VI was broken as indicated by the attached error message. How do I make the VI executable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,785 Views)

Seems you have a problem with the installation of the Advanced Analysis Library (AAL) or the Intel Math Kernel Library that is used by the AAL on that 64 bit machine. Can't say for sure if these are already supported on 64 bit LabVIEW. At least a repair installation of LabVIEW seems to be in place.

The other error is from the HSD component not working. Again I can't say if this should even work on 64 bit LabVIEW. If it should a repair installation should be most probably done.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Averna BV
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,765 Views)

Did you use any LabVIEW modules or toolkits to build you VI? Currently only the NI Vision Module is supported for LabVIEW 64-bit. Here's a link to an KnowledgeBase article that covers this:

KnowledgeBase 506DUP3S: LabVIEW 64-Bit vs. 32-Bit Applications FAQ

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/71E9408E6DEAD76C8625760B006B6F98

Take care!

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
Message 3 of 5
(1,739 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bcur

The VI used the Sound and Vibration anbd HSDL VIs that I suspect are not supported in 64-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,727 Views)

I have the Developer's Suite installed using Labview 64 bit. I have never had a clear conflict caused by any of the 32 bit modules or toolkits. Windows should know how to handle each situation.

Do you have the 32 bit vision tools either bundled with your .exe or installed on the 64 bit machine? Maybe your VI is looking for 32 bit sections that aren't on your 64 bit system. It may be worth doing a full 32 bit Labview install on your 64 bit machine to ensure that everything is there for every scenario. NI seems to think this is OK.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,658 Views)