LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 10 kHz loop talking to a 40 MHz loop

I am pretty new to Labview and am trying to send a signal in a 10 kHz loop to a target that runs at 40 MHz to a digital output.  How do I do that since the 40 MHz does not seem to work if I make a VI that runs the MHz loop into the kHz loop?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(595 Views)

It sounds like you are running a LabVIEW Real-Time Project, or are running a Real-Time VI on a Real-Time Target that has an FPGA running at 40 MHz.  In any case, you have essentially two different processors running independently (and in parallel).  You need to have some means to communicate between them.  Do you know how to do that?  When your 10 kHz processor runs "one cycle" (100 µs), the 40 MHz processor (FPGA?) will execute 400 cycles -- you clearly don't want to be trying to send changes up to the "slower" processor at 40 MHz unless you slow down the faster processor by a factor of 400 ...

I don't see what problem you are having with this.  Do you not realize that the two processors are happy running independently?  Do you know how to send signals from one to the other?  What question/problem are you trying to solve?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(551 Views)