From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9802 with 9870 (serial comms) in Hybrid mode not working

Hello,

I am developing a project with several IO modules in FPGA and a 9870 RS232 module in Scan Engine so that I can use the VISA vis instead of custom FPGA code. This was all working well on a 9025 controller in a 9114 chassis.

We just changed over to a 9082 controller and this is no longer working. On a bare bones test project, If I set the chassis to Scan Engine, the serial ports are found with the VISA Find Resources vi  and open with no error. When I switch to FPGA, the ports are not found and an open returns an error -1073807343 - VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.

I have followed the instructions in

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0DB7FEF37C26AF85862575C400531690

and have been successfully working in this environment for several months with the old  hardware.

Specifically, the 9870 is under the chassis and the IO modules are under the FPGA, a stub FPGA has been compiled and downloaded, the chassis is deployed after changing, I believe all required software has been downloaded, etc, etc.

Has anyone ever tried this scenario?

Thanks,

PJ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,180 Views)