LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8757D locks up after read

I've been working with the HP 8757D and have been having problems with it locking up after performing a read function.

After entering command 'OD OD' and reading all 101 points, screen says "Data Dump Complete".  From this point on I can not program any command or retrieve any data.

If I only use OD and then read back, I get an error out.  I send OD once more and read again and I then get the data and the error is no longer registering while the 8757D screen states "Data Dump Completed".  From this point, I again am unable to program any command or retrieve data.

Same as above happened for commands using ON, OV, OM, OL and even OI (outputs 8757D Identity string and firmware revision 6.2).
I've found a few links regarding troubles with the 8757D but they don't really match my problem.  Also I performed the same test on another 8757D at my facility and the same problems came up. 

I have attached the program to call for and retrieve the data in case it is in my programming.

Thanks for any help,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,651 Views)
It might help if you had programming manual (pdf) for assistance.
Upload  short link to Agilent manual page or pdf
Have not looked at you code yet.
Question how have you built up code- from instrument library or what ?

get back to ya
xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,643 Views)
Your code reveals that you have not included any time delay between sending the command and recieving  !!!
I suspect that you are missing a character or two  from the command line!!!
If your download an instrument driver  From NI instrument driver site
https://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E90E6659CE034080020E74861
and check out the examples that shoul set you on the right track.
On most Agilent network analyser you have the option of echoing hte front panel key commands !!
Thus set the menu  so that the screen illustrates what actual GPIB command need to be recieved by the processor to
execute the instruction. This way you can see precisely what command word should be used to achieve
your goal. (It is necessary to repeat commands several time to actual see what is written !!!)

Go for it
The user manual should help to set up the echo command to see the commands.

chow xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,639 Views)