cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8164B data fetch speed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am using Labview 14 for data logging from Agilent 8164B Lightwave Measurement System using GPBI USB HS. My problem is that I need to log the data every 1 ms. However, I can not reach this speed. I got only 30 measurements per second (33 ms). I have attached the labview code. 

In the equipment datasheet, it is written "GPIB interface performance: Max. 300 kB/sec (burst data rate during read of 12001 data points from power meter)"

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,148 Views)

Hi majed,

the user manual of your Agilent device surely also mentions the measurement speed.

And this specification is quite different from and not (at all!) related to GPIB bus speed!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,136 Views)

Hi

In the datasheet, it is mentioned that the following:

GPIB interface performance:  Max. 300 kB/sec (burst data rate during read of 12001 data points from power meter)

So will this allow me to fetch the data in 1 khz speed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,124 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author majed_36

Hi majed,

there surely is more in the manual than just this one sentence…

burst data rate during read of 12001 data points from power meter)

This is valid when the data is already available in the device's internal buffer!

So will this allow me to fetch the data in 1 khz speed?

This question is answered in the manual. What does it mention on sample rates of your device?

Again: GPIB bus speed is NOT related to sample rates of your device!
Please read the manual, I can't as Agilent requires a login to download this PDF…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(3,117 Views)

Thank you.

I found it in the device manual downloaded form keysight. By the way, you dont need an acount to dowlaod the keysight files. Just put your information and click download.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,094 Views)

nice!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,859 Views)