From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8.6.1 install error "0x010e2754" memory could not be "read"

I got this error when trying to install on my home machine.

I tried multiple times with no joy.

I think people used this disk at work already and I heard no complaints.

I tried copying the entire contents of the DVD to my hard drive with the same results.

I shut down virus checking at least once in these attempts.

It fails in the very first step

and gives me this error message.

ANy clues?

Ben

Running XP SP2

Verizon Internet Security Suite

Message Edited by Ben on 03-08-2009 02:24 PM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Download All
Message 1 of 29
(4,326 Views)

Bump!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 29
(4,285 Views)

Hey Ben,

This seems a very unusual problem where the installer is trying to access an invalid memory location.

Can you confirm that other people have installed successfully from the same disk, or try the intallation on a different machine  yourself?

Also, can you list the NI software that you have installed on this machine? You could try to remove previous versions of Labview, if any, and retry the installation. I'll be reporting this issue for R+D to look at. 

Misha
Message 3 of 29
(4,252 Views)

I confirmed others used this disk to instal. They had trouble with latter disks but at the first step.

I tried to get MAX ... Software to expand to show you the software but got an error message.

I'll try another re-boot but as far as software is concerned I had everything from LV 6.1 thru LV 8.5 on this machine. Had to remove LV 6.1 about the time of 8.0 since the PAL (program absrtaction layer) for LV 6.1 was goobling up CPU. So the answer to "what software" is everything.

So what do i do to get 8.6 onto my machine?

Ben 

Message Edited by Ben on 03-10-2009 05:56 AM
Message 4 of 29
(4,228 Views)

Misha,

Don't hold your breath waiting for MAX Software to work corectly.

Is there a folder somewhere that has a file that will answer the Q about what I have loaded on my laptop.

The only thing I don't have on this machine is LV 8.6 and that is what I am trying to fix.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(4,211 Views)

Hi Ben,

you can use this code in a batch file.

@Echo Off
    Start /Wait Regedit /E %TEMP%.\Tmp HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    Find "DisplayName" < %TEMP%.\Tmp | Find /V "QuietDisplayName"
    Del %TEMP%.\Tmp

pause

Hope it helps.
Mike

Message 6 of 29
(4,204 Views)

Ben,

Have you tried downloading the LabVIEW evaluation software from the website to see if you get the same error when installing that?  Also, if you are not using the other versions of LabVIEW that are on your computer, try uninstalling them first, then try to install the new one. 

Were you seeing this error with Measurement and Automation Explorer before attempting to install LabVIEW 8.6?  Here is an article that talks about that error in MAX and possible causes for it.  I hope this helps. 

-Christina

Message 7 of 29
(4,177 Views)

Hi Christina,

Do you feel the issue with MAX looking up is the cause of the error durring the install? I don't want to get side-tracked needlessly.

In the MAX look-up KB this section may apply

1. Disconnected ENET Device

If you previously had configured a Serial or GPIB-ENET device but this device is no longer connected, the server may experience some delays due to the timeout that occurs while trying to connect to the non-existent device(s).Due to the delay, MAX may report a Database Connection error. In this case, reconnecting the ENET device to the system or removing the reference to the ENET device will resolve this error. When switching between a Macintosh to a PC, you will need to reset the device to have it accessible.

I was using this machine to develop code on-site and I was using  NI USB-VXI adapter that I no longer have. Does that qualify under the above and how do I remove the reference since that widget is now in China somewhere?

I may have to wait until the week-end to try out the download version of the install.

What do you think?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(4,154 Views)

Hey Ben,

This MAX error might well be the root cause of the Labview installation error. Have you noticed this error in MAX before you attempted to install Labview?  Do you get this error in MAX only when you try to expand the Software tab?

You can remove the reference to your old adapter device only if it showed up in MAX in some shape or form. In that case, you'd be able to delete the reference by removing the port or interface provided by that device so that MAX won't look for it anymore. If the VXI interface still shows up in MAX, you can try removing the reference to it since you don't have the adapter anymore. 

Also, can you export your system configuration from MAX (File > Export) into an *.nce file and post it?

I have reported this issue to R+D with the CAR ID 152152. 

Misha
Message 9 of 29
(4,126 Views)

With the few exceptions that start out with "Ben I need you too..." and end up with me on-site somewhere, this machine rarely uses MAX. This is the machin eI use to answer Qs at home.

But there was taht one rare time when I had to pack it up and use it.

So I can't tell you if MAX ever gives me trouble because i seldom use it.

I'll see if blowing away that interface (if still present) helps with anything.

Ben

PS cool CAR# 152152. I hope it does not go to waste.

Message Edited by Ben on 03-11-2009 03:55 PM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(4,123 Views)