From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6517B Keithley Stair Case sequence and remain powered ON when reached Stop Voltage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am working with Labview 2017 I want to increase voltage gradually from zero to 600 in steps  of 5 volt when 600 voltgae limit is achieved I want  Keithley should deliver 600 volt and do not OFF its power. I have an VI but meter out put does not hold its output gets off when its reaches peak limit.

Please help and suggest solution.

My target is to start from zero in steps and hold meter output ON when reahced 600 volt.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,664 Views)

That might not be an option.

You might have to step though voltages yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(1,645 Views)

Thanks for reply.

Could you please help me in providing such VI with option to apply voltage by myself please.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(1,609 Views)

Hi,

I am going through very hard time I am using 6517B for providing voltage. I required to increase voltage in step upto 600, once the maximun limit is achieved 6517B should hold its output at 600 I need to take measurement at 600 constant voltage level.

I request to please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,605 Views)

There are lots of ways to go about that.

In a simple while loop. Set a voltage, do measurement, wait a while, stop when done.

In a state machine. Make an init state, a next step state, a measure state, etc..

A sequences or state pattern. If you're into OO...

I don't have those drivers installed, but this is more about general LabVIEW programming. You'll need just a bit more structure to get it done.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,595 Views)

Thanks for reply.

I think I could not explain it clearly actually, I have to start measurement once the 6517 output reached at peak level means 600V, for each step I have no need to take measurement. Just want to reach at 600V through steps and hold it at 600V.

Please suggest in this scenario.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,588 Views)

The scenario is mostly the same, simply remove the measurement.

The driver should have a set voltage VI. Simply call it in a for loop or while loop, with a wait in it. Create ramp of values, or use 'i' X step voltage as an input.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,569 Views)

Hi Aashi,

@Aashi wrote:

I have to start measurement once the 6517 output reached at peak level means 600V, … Just want to reach at 600V through steps and hold it at 600V.

Sounds like several states in a state machine.

1. Increase voltage in several steps.
  2. Keep voltage at max value.
  3. Start measurements.
  4. Whatever comes next…

What is your problem with implementing a state machine with several states?

And please don't spread this discussion over several threads…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,567 Views)