LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6501DAQMX digital line count wrong

I'm trying to set up a simple DAQ application driving only 4 DAQ output lines (see attached screenshot). I identified FOUR data lines, Port 2, lines 0:3, which I expect to be P2.0,P2.1,P2.2,P2.3, and set up the FOUR boolean inputs for same. Error message tells me I have FIVE channels in my task, not FOUR. Can someone explain where the FIFTH channel is?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,660 Views)

Hi hammer,

maybe "someone" could help if you would attach a screenshot or even better your VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,656 Views)

I THOUGHT I DID ATTACH SCREENSHOT. HERE IT IS AGAIN.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,651 Views)

Problem attaching. . again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,650 Views)

daqproblem.JPGI clicked BROWSE, selected the file DAQproblem.jpg, the path appears correctly in the Attachments window, and I click POST.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,646 Views)

Hi hammer,

you can include pictures in the message text, there's this "tree"-like icon in the editor menu...

You can attach images as file - but BMP is prohibited for good reason. Use PNG instead...

EDIT:

You may even edit your older messages instead of creating new ones every minute...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,644 Views)

@hammer3 wrote:

Problem attaching. . again.

Do you have "compatibility" mode turned on?  Also try with another browser.

Problem Uploading Attachments

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,642 Views)

I modified previous posting with screenshot successfully.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,624 Views)

Is there a channel already defined in that task (likely from MAX)?  That would explain the 5th line in the task.  It would be better to leave the Task input unwired for the Create DAQmx Channel if you are only going to control those 4 lines.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 16
(2,621 Views)

I left Task input unwired and the problem went away, but I don't understand why the line count depends on the OC or Active function selection. If that is the case, then how do I set the OC or Active function w/o upsetting the  line count?

Previous to all this I did use the DAQ Assistant to set up multiple lines, many more than 5 with the same OC function, but I have since disconnected the DAQ, closed Labview 2011 and rebooted, hopefully clearing any previous setups, and the problem remains with the Task input wired. Besides, even if I did previously define tasks, shouldn't this vi overwrite and supercede previous setups?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,606 Views)