LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello, I am trying to get real time data from this Acquire Sweep vi..But I am unable to. I have taken these drivers from ni available for Keithley 6430.Can anyone help me with this, Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,676 Views)

Sorry was unable to attach in the last post.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,666 Views)

Are you expecting to see data as the instrument performs the sweep? That's not how it works. It does the entire sweep first and then returns all of the results at once. The alternative is to skip the built in sweep function and provide each step value one by one as you take a single point measurement.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,662 Views)

Thank you for your reply can you help me how can I do it, should I replace the third vi in the block diagram with a for loop. Please do help me, I am new to this..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,658 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GJAKLDFJG

Posting from my phone and I don't have LabVIEW but the basic idea is to find a function in the driver (or the command in the manual) to set the source and not use that configure sweep function. You could use the Ramp function to create an array of source values. This array gets passed to the 'set source' function inside a for loop. A single point read would also be inside the loop. The result would be wired to a chart.

This is going to be slower than using the built-in sweep function and you are going to have to write much of the code yourself.  What is the problem with just letting the instrument perform the measurement that it is designed to do? You will get the same data when the sweep is complete and you really don't get any additional information by seeing the result point-by-point.

Message 5 of 8
(2,654 Views)

Thanks Dennis, I am new to Labview so I am not getting many parts of what you are saying, so whenever you come online on your pc please do help me with the programming. And I need real time data as during experiment I need to change things according to the changing data.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,650 Views)

Here's a very basic example.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,636 Views)

Thanks again Dennis for posting, but I was able to make a vi thats working but little complicated with help of your last description. Sorry was not able to post today.

Thanks a lot buddy..

The vi I made is this one, if you feel further improvements can be made, kindly comment.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,626 Views)