From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bits dirvers/AP support

Hello All,

Does NI have the plan to develop Labview for 64 bits?

and if I have 64 bits hardware platform and run xp 64 os.
How can I get the support from NI?
Is there any appropriate 64 drivers for DAQ series products?

by the way, Microsoft provides WoW (Windows on Windows),
which emulates a 32-bit system on the 64-bit machine,
Does this means we can run 32 bits driver and 32 bits AP based on WoW?

thank you,
nonomiya,
nonomiya
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,798 Views)
NI is planning to roll out support for both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista next year around the time the OS itself is available to the general market - exact dates aren't specified yet as we don't have the Vista date yet.

The WoW layer is actually how NI applications are going to run under Vista as they are remaining 32-bit applications for now. I can't give out the schedules for when 64-bit native applications are going to ship - that is a company policy thing. You'll need to talk to someone higher than me for that 🙂

LabVIEW 8.20 is not technically Vista-ready only because Vista itself is not finalized. But I can say we did extensive testing of it under both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista, and made some modifications to make it a better Vista citizen, so I'd recommend that for any projects you're starting that are going to need to run under Vista. Earlier versions do work (I've run 7.1 myself on Vista), but there are some issues and odd behaviors due to the new security infrastructure put into Vista. Generally, I don't recommend pre-8.20 for that reason.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,787 Views)
Hello Tyler,

Under Wow subsystem, we can run 32 bits AP well on Windows XP.
But the
prerequisite is the DAQ should supported by 64 bits drivers.

If we want to use NI's DAQ cards under Windows 2003(64 bits version) or Windows XP(64 version) (not Vista)
Is there any solution by NI?

DAQmx for 64 bits? When will be the released date?

thank you,
nonomiya,
nonomiya
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,769 Views)
Hello Tyler,

Under Wow subsystem, we can run 32 bits AP well on Windows XP.
But the
prerequisite is the DAQ should supported by 64 bits drivers.

If we want to use NI's DAQ cards under Windows 2003(64 bits version) or Windows XP(64 version) (not Vista)
Is there any solution by NI?

DAQmx for 64 bits? When will be the released date?

thank you,
nonomiya,
nonomiya
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,769 Views)
Hmm, trying to get me in trouble, eh? 🙂 As I said, I cannot give out any information regarding dates for releases that are not announced, or releases themselves for that matter. The Vista information was given out at NIWeek and I expect to see it on the website soon, so that is public.

If you want support for 64-bit OS's other than Vista, I recommend talking to your Area Sales rep. I'm not in the DAQ group nor can I comment on their plans/releases outside of Vista - that's the area I've been involved with across the different groups. Since our sales team has good contacts with development, they'll be able to help get the specific answers you need.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,760 Views)
Hi Tyler

Thank you for reply

nonomiya,
nonomiya
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,746 Views)