LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-bit integers in activex

Hello:

I have some COM objects which I'm trying to use in LabVIEW.
I'm was able to use the "Automation Open", however when I use the "Invoke Node", I noticed that some functions are not usable and are grayed out.
I asked the developer of the COM and he said that it seems that the functions that are grayed out are using 64-bit integers.
I was wondering if anybody out there were able to successfully use 64-bit integers in activex for LabVIEW

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,398 Views)
Just curious, what's yur LabVIEW version?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,382 Views)
Hello altenbach:

I'm using LabVIEW 8.5.1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,369 Views)
Hi DonPogi,

This is an issue that seems to be a continuing problem with ActiveX 64-bit integers. I would encourage you to submit a product feedback at www.ni.com/support to get your information to our R&D department so they are aware of the issue.

A possible workaround is to put the 64-bit data into a wrapper to convert the datatype to one of the supported types. More information about these datatypes and what is supported can be found at the following url:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbcon98/html/vbconcreatinginterfacesforusewithimplementsstatement.asp

Thank you for the information, and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you on this.

Regards,

Stephen S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,349 Views)