From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6221 and grounding issues (eventually).

Hi,

I am using the attached vi (modified from sound and vibration toolkit), on the 6221 DAQ.

I am using the output channels and input channels as suggested.

I am using an RC circuit (1kohm, 1mF) in serie to test it.

Yet, I have quite a few issues in choosing the best mode (RSE, NRSE, differential, pseudodifferential...).

Currently, in RSE, I have an issue in AI1 : even when the wire is not connected, I am still recording a signal quite similar to AI0. I am actually reading it from any channel not connected. It is not noise because It has the same sine wave oscillations, and offset.

I assume this could be due to grounding issue, which I don't know much about. Any clue/suggestion on that matter?

Regards,

Kentmey

Kentmey
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,118 Views)

try tconnecting the un-used channels to ground.

Cross-talk between channels is often the result of the residual charge on the input capacitance not being bed-off when switch channels in the sampling process. This alos occurs when the sources of signals have a very high output impeadence.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,114 Views)

What unused channels ? all other AI (make 14 channels...)???

Could differential for both channels and putting - to ground make the trick?

Kentmey
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,111 Views)