From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6036e error 12

Hi All,
I have a 6036E PCMCIA card which is showing the following error in Windows XP Device Manager:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Has anyone had this before and if so how do i fix it? I have been through the troubleshooter with no luck.

thanks

Richard
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,415 Views)
Hi Richard

This error message is refering to the resources that the card uses. These resources will be base memory address and IRQ channels. Most probably you hav not got any free IRQ channels available for the card to use. To find out what IRQs are in use on your computer goto Start>>All Programs>>Accesseries>>System Tools>>System Information then expand Harware Resouces and Clik on IRQs. THis shows all of the IRQs in use. If some are assigned to devices you dont need (for example COM1 or COM2 if you dont use serial ports) then you can disable these devices in Device Manager and that should free up resources for you 6036 card.

Regards

Jon B
Application Engineer
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,407 Views)
Hi Jon,
I tried looking at the IRQ's and it was clashing with the LPT port. I disabled it but it made no difference so I uninstalled it and everything started to work!

cheers

Richard
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,391 Views)