LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5V or variable voltage out of SCB-68

Hi,

I'm new to labview and I need to make a variable voltage output with a maximum of 5V. I have a PXI 1042Q with a PXI 7842R card connected to a SCB-68 connecting board. I understand the hardware, the pins and more but can't seem to get anything out of the board. Due to my lack of experience in labview I have no clue how to make this with the software. I already realised the channel of the SCB into labview, so I can drag them into my VI. 

So basicly I'm stuck with my VI, I don't find how I need to progress in my VI. Do I need some sort of input or starting point? Or some kind of voltage source with 5V to the output channel?

Somebody with a good (simple) example? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,524 Views)

cmaa wrote: ...a PXI 7842R card connected to...

That is an FPGA board.  So you will have to program the FPGA with LabVIEW FPGA.  I do not recommend newbies to attempt to go down that path.  There is a lot to keep track of (host VI, FPGA references, communications between targets which could be front panel writes or DMA FIFOs, etc.).  I recommend getting a simple DAQ board, like a PXI-6229.  Then you can use the much simpler DAQmx API, which has plenty of examples to get you started.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,508 Views)