LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5102 scope fetch fails

I'm using the NI example for synchronizing scope aquisitions as a basis for a VI that fetches 6 channels of data from 3 scope cards (5102) simulataneously. The VI has worked marvelously for years now (see attached) but suddenly, on my newest work station, there is a problem:

Setup:
PXI 1000B Chassis, no embedded controller, MXI PXI/PCI connection to PC
3 NI PXI 5102 Scope cards
PC = HP EN289UT#ABA

I've set the default number of records to aquire at 600,000 because that is somewhat less than the onboard memory of the 5102. I've never had any problems, the aquisistion takes less than 1 second, and all 6 arrays are populated with synchronized data. This has worked on several stations including generic PC's using PCI 5102 scope cards and HP computers using the MXI setup.

Now, with my newest HP station (see attached data sheet) the VI does not work properly if I set the samples above 510,000 (approx.). The VI executes, and after about 5 seconds, returns the arrays all with zeroes for each sample value. There is a crossover range with respect to the number of samples, somewhere above 510,000, where some of the arrays may or may not contain valid values, then above that, nothing but zeroes.

There is no error reported or passed through, all green lights.

I'm suspecting it has something to do with the Pentium D Dual Core 805 processor. The operating system is XP Pro SP2, and I also updated the chipset driver, all to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Johnson
Renco Encoders, Inc
Goleta, CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,359 Views)