cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50MHz Arbitrary Waveform/ Function Generator 3390

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am new in learning Labview 2013. I have the Labview programm about the function generator 3390. My problem is that how can i  set up a periodic Ramp wave with idle time intervel (5s)? and the idle time interval can be changed bei labview programm.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,435 Views)

@Marumaxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

I am new in learning Labview 2013. I have the Labview programm about the function generator 3390. My problem is that how can i  set up a periodic Ramp wave with idle time intervel (5s)? and the idle time interval can be changed bei labview programm.

Thanks a lot

Is that an NI device?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,430 Views)

It looks like it's made by Tektronix/Keithley. The specs say it has a sampling rate of 125 MS/s, so if you want a ramp with a frequency of 50 MHz, that only gives you 2.5 samples per cycle, so it's not going to be much of a ramp.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,427 Views)

It is made by Tektronix/Keithley. I find the similar case on function generator HP 33120A, it calls burst wave. How can i realise this control with Labview programm?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,387 Views)

It is made by Tektronix/Keithley. I find the similar case on function generator HP 33120A, it calls burst wave. How can i realise this control with Labview programm?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marumaxxxxx

You need to read the manual and program it remotely.  We use the Tektronix AFG3102C for a similar purpose.  It will require about 12 commands to configure it properly.

1. Set Output Off
  2. Set waveform shape (Sine)
  3. Set voltage level (1Vpp)
  4. Set mode (sweep)
  5. Set start frequency
  6. Set stop frequency
  7. Set sweep mode (manual)
  8. Set Hold timer
  9. Set Return timer
  10. Set ramp timer
  11. Set output On
  12. Send Trigger