From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5002 error, arduino mega 2560

Hello, I have seen that there are posts about this problem but haven't found an answer.

I have a arduino mega bought from a friend, the arduino workes well. I tried using it with LAbview (I used Labview with uno and mega before and worked well). Now I get 5002 error. I highlighted execution all and realized that the arduino doesn't respond. Rx flashes rapidly but the Tx stayes off. Tried increasing the timeout but no effect. Can you please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,021 Views)

@Vase_Simion wrote:

Hello, I have seen that there are posts about this problem but haven't found an answer.

I have a arduino mega bought from a friend, the arduino workes well. I tried using it with LAbview (I used Labview with uno and mega before and worked well). Now I get 5002 error. I highlighted execution all and realized that the arduino doesn't respond. Rx flashes rapidly but the Tx stayes off. Tried increasing the timeout but no effect. Can you please help me.

Its LabVIEW...!! And error code 5002 is user defined error code, so there is no description available for this error.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,011 Views)

I have installed LIFA, and the error looks like this:

Error 5002 occurred at Init.vi. Unable to establish connection with Arduino. Please ensure that you have selected the correct COM port and that you have flashed the Arduino with the correct firmware.

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (5002) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x0000138A).

Sorry for the spelling of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,005 Views)

So this error is because LabVIEW is unable to communicate with Arduino. As suggested in the error description, have to checked whether COM port is correct... Or can you test another board (if you have one) or may ne same board on another machine... I'm suggesting this, do that problem can be cornered.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,002 Views)

I used labview before with mega, a few months ago. I have checked the com port. I set the baudrate to 9600 and selected the board tipe to mega. I highlighted execution inside the init VI and found out that inside the init VI, is the Send Recieve VI that gives me the error. Inside this is the Wait for bytes VI and discovered that inside this VI is the problem. The property node that returns the "bytes at port" value of VISA returns 0. I don't understand why.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,996 Views)

I receive the same error too, but till now ther eis no answer to this solution i have found , but i am using Arduino UNO .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,865 Views)