LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 LEDs are circulating one by one at 1 sec interval.( LabView VI)

Hi everyone, I am new user for LabView. May I know how to make 5 LEDs are circulating one by one at 1 sec interval.( In LabView VI). Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,988 Views)

I only have a Rube-Goldberg-Machine for this problem. It may work for you or not ...

snip.png

Joke apart:

It looks like an educational exercise and you should solve it by yourself. If you get stuck, then post your VI and we can help you with the next step.

Message 2 of 12
(1,952 Views)

There is actually an example of this in the actor framework project template! Take a look at the "launcher.vi" after loading the template

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,942 Views)

Your problem is much simpler than the problem solved here  (fewer LEDs, no random skipping, etc.). I am sure you can simplify it accordingly. Done correctly, the code will be trivial and fit on a postage stamp.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,918 Views)

@Martin_Henz wrote:

I only have a Rube-Goldberg-Machine for this problem. It may work for you or not ...

Fantastic code and really funny in the details!. Definitely belongs into the Rube Goldberg thread. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,915 Views)

@davidterry wrote:

Hi everyone, I am new user for LabView. May I know how to make 5 LEDs are circulating one by one at 1 sec interval.( In LabView VI). Thanks.

When you say "circulating", do you mean that the LEDs are arranged in a circle? (Thus my reply above).

If they are arranged linear, use an array of LEDs (have a look here). Of course there are many equally simple alternatives to solve this.

As an exercise, see if you can recreate the following code:

altenbach_0-1600623320872.png

Message 6 of 12
(1,912 Views)

may i ask the what is the name of this tool? Thanks螢幕快照 2020-09-21 下午6.43.47.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,850 Views)

Hi David,

its a function to manipulate arrays, so it can be found in the array functions palette!

Hint: it does not insert, but replace…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,844 Views)

another option would be to start with a boolean array constant (where one is true) and simply "rotate" the 1D array each iteration of your while loop.  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,832 Views)

I Heard good things about the Rotate function and number to boolean Array.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 10 of 12
(1,828 Views)