From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4d Plot using 4-(1d arrays) x-y-z and color

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to make a 4d plot using 4-(1d arrays). The 3D scatter plot shows my 3D data correctly. I collect data in a circular pattern now I want to plot that circular pattern using 3D contour or some other 3D plot but, I want to control the shell color mapping for each data point. I have attached my code. Still using LV2017

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,488 Views)

you may have figured it out on your own,

but it appears to me you want to use

http://www.ni.com/example/25468/en/

4d_cw-plot.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,390 Views)

I love it!!!  I picked cwColorSpectrum point style. How do I add the graphs color legend? So you can tell what the color equals what value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,372 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author knows-just-enough

@knows-just-enough wrote:

I love it!!!  I picked cwColorSpectrum point style. How do I add the graphs color legend? So you can tell what the color equals what value.

I' m not sure, I think such a thing doesnt exist for those active X 3d graphs ... maybe someone else knows?

roll your own:

0.PNG

attached is my quick draft, saved in LabView 2017

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,358 Views)

Sorry for the delay I had to work on another project. Good idea on your work around. I tried it with other data sets and would sometimes error out if two values in color array were the same. I ended up using windows snapping tool and cutting legend out and placing array in min/max indicator next to legend. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,324 Views)