LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4072 capacitance verification

4072 capacitance verification: The 270pF verification fails. The calibration executive verification program does not open, short and null the lead resistance in the automated program. I put in the actual capacitance measurement with the test leads and capacitor and still get a failure at 270pF. When I test the 4072 manual on the front panel after performing the short, open compensation and null it reads correctly. Should a compensation and null be added to the automated procedure.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,850 Views)

Hello,

The automated procedure in Calibration Executive should be implementing the steps shown in the calibration document for the 4072 exactly:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/370532h.pdf

It does not appear that those operations are performed in the procedure.  I believe the short,open,offset compensation are more of a correction than a calibration for the device.  While performing those operations will always give you more accurate readings, they do not adjust the general calibration constants on the device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,801 Views)