From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd NI9476 not to be added

I have a Crio-9056
with a C-module in each slot.
The first 3 slots are filled with an NI-9476.
When I create a new project and add the automations modules (new> Target and Devices)
Does it add all modules to my project, except the 3rd NI-9476 module in slot 3 (but also if I put it in another slot)
If I try to add it manually (new> C Series Module), the system that the respective slot is already in use in this project sends out because of an NI9476.
So under my FPGA Target folder are 2 NI-9476
and in the configuration (FPGA Target (right mouse button) new> C Series Module) there are 3 NI-9476
What's going wrong here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(842 Views)

Hi there,

What an interesting case we got here! 🙂

First, let's reset the NI MAX configuration:

• Disconnect the cRIO from the network (or USB)
  • Go to NI MAX > Tools (in taskbar on top) > Reset Configuration Data (this will restart thePC)
  • Try the procedure again of creating a project

Second, let's make sure that all the NI-9476 are working well:

• Remove all the modules from the cRIO
  • Add only one NI-9476 and create a new project and let LabVIEW detect modules
  • If the single module is detected, meaning that it does not have a problem
  • Repeat the procedure for the 2 other NI-9476 modules

Third, if you have not seen it yet, check the following article: Adding a New C Series Module to a cRIO Project in LabVIEW

Forth, if all the steps were not effective, please share some screenshots of your project so I can look into it deeper.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(552 Views)