LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d simulator

Hi,

I’m a complete newbie to LabView; I’ve no idea of its capabilities but was recommended to use it for a part of a project I’m working on.

Basically I’m working on a circuit with 12 pin outputs that will switch different lights a set of traffic lights, What I want to do is develop a simulator, I need to know is it possible to use a data acquisition card with LabView and somehow develop a 3D model of the lights in LabView to light in different ways according the 12 outputs of the hardware I’ve built, outputs form the circuit would be logic hi & lo 0 - +5 volts.

Any help or even tips on where to look up this info would be great.

Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,606 Views)
Hi Kevin

What you're looking to do sounds readily achievable with LabView.
You'll need a digital I/O card to sense the outputs from your hardware.
Look here for NI products
As your a newbie it'll be worth spending time going through a few examples and tutorials to get up to speed with what LabView can offer. You can produce a GUI in minutes using built in controls and indicators - see attached example.
If you get stuck, the forum is full of friendly folk to help out. 🙂

Good luck
Neil
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,596 Views)
Thanks Neil,

I have a link with the data card I was thinking of using;

http://www.measurementcomputing.com/cbicatalog/cbiproduct_new.asp?dept_id=367&pf_id=1665

My budget is quiet small and I have to get a portable USB card would this suffice do you think?

thanks for any help

Kevin

Message Edited by KevinBolger on 03-01-2005 09:47 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,591 Views)
Kevin

Yes it looks pretty good, very reasonable price.
I guess you're only interested in the DIO capability, but the extra I/O may come in handy.
You get LabView Drivers and VIs to get you up and running. Ideal.
I know NI do the USB6009 which I think is similar. Don't know how the price compares.

Neil
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,583 Views)
You can get the USB-6008 plus a student edition of LabVIEW for the same price. Check it out here.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,556 Views)
just paid for it this morning but thanks for the advice, looks pretty good
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,548 Views)