LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d sensor mapping onto STL file

Hi All,

I am quite new to 3D modelling and I have already looked into the sensor mapping Express vi which Manually places sensors onto a model but it is not suitable for me needs.  I am trying to put sensor data onto an STL file which I have successfully loaded.  The positions of the sensors are given to me by their index within the file.  i.e If my file has 100,000 vertices I have a list of say ten sensors.  Sensor 1 is at vertice 300, S2 at 45,234 S3 at 80,120 etc etc

I have looked into the working of the 3D sensor mapping express vi and I get lost at how they map the sensor they placed on the model.  I am sure there is probably some way of doing this although I have not been able to work out what is going on entirely.

Putting each sensor on by hand is not really an option as there could be thousands of sensors.

Any help Greatly Appreciated!!

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,981 Views)

After Digging a bit deeper I have managed to locate the sensors directly onto a Vertice as follows.

This vi is basically canabalised from what was available under the 3D sensor mapping express vi and It is by no means complete.  I believe I can still trim down some of the unnecessary code in the (Add Verts for Sensors.vi for example)

At least it should be feasable to get something working from here on in.

Thanks

Craig

LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,977 Views)

Can you post a labview 2009 version.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,883 Views)

I don't know if I can still contact you. I have been working on a project recently. I also encountered sensor placement in the sensor mapping. After reading your program, I have not achieved the desired result. If you can see it, please Reply to me, thank you very much.

your sincerely   Sternberg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,405 Views)

Hey Sternberg,

This is quite an old post. I would recommend making a new post so that it gets some more visibility 🙂

Best,

-Jelmer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,395 Views)

Hi,Jelmer

Thank you for your valuable reply, I have sent a new post, https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Question-of-sensor-mapping/td-p/3841973 I would be grateful if I could get your help.

Sincerely ,

~Sternberg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,391 Views)