LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d picture pixel coordinates

Hi,

I have a problem I can't figure out on my own. Maybe its not even possible.

I want to import a 3D file (e.g. VRML) and read out the coordinates of each pixel. I just found tools to handle the image but not to get information out of the image.

Maybe it is not possible the way I try to do it right now. What I want is a program that can read a 3D file and gives me a transmission image of it. (like if I get an transmission electron microscopy image of an object)

This is to compare a theoretical transmission of an object to the real one.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,431 Views)

Hi,

LabView supports VRML since 8.6.1

More information about LabView and VRML you get here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/94E716A426FAD46B862575CA005747E0

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,380 Views)

Hi Raphi,

thanks for your answer. I know that it is supported and I already managed to display the vrml file I created but I am not able to get pixel coordinates. What I need is a way to get the coordinates (x,y and z) of each pixel of the vrml structure.

Do you know how I can accomplish that?

regards,

T

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,373 Views)

double post... sorry

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,372 Views)

Hi tomtom,

I'm not sure if that is possible with LabView.

Have you already tried "LabVIEW 3D Picture Control Evaluation Software" ? Perhaps this Toolkit can help you.

You can find it here: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4411

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,350 Views)

Hi Raphi,

I think in Labview 9.0 (which I use btw.; I am sorry that I forgot to tell which version I am using) "LabVIEW 3D Picture Control Evaluation Software" is already implemented... or most of it. But I just downloaded it anyhow and couldn't find anything useful.

Can you think of an other solution how I could get 2d projection images of a 3D structure with labview?

regards,

T

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,338 Views)

Hi tomtom,

I don't know if it is possible to get a 2d projection image of a 3D structure.

Perhaps you can try to take a screenshot with LabView. Have a look at the 'Invoke Node".

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,321 Views)

Hi tomtom,

in the attachments you can find an example where I take a picture of a 3D object. Perhaps it's also possible to take a picture of a VRML file. Then you have a 2D picture and you can work with it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,294 Views)

Hi Raphi,

sorry for my late reply. Thank you for the example, I hope it wasn't a lot of work.

To get a 2d projection of just the surface isn't my problem. I could also do that with the program I created the 3D file in. What I need are transmission pictures of the object. English is not my native language and I think my explanation is not really exact. I will try to explain on an example.

What I want is a transmission picture of e.g. two cylinders. In the 2D view you will see them crossing in one point. In the transmission images this crossing point would have a higher intensity than the others because there are two cylinders. If one of the cylinders would be filled and the other would be hollow the they would look the same in a 2d projection picture but they would look different in a 2d transmission picture. I hope you understand that I mean.

I want to load a 3d object and then integrate layer for layer of the object to get one transmission picture. This is to simulate how a object would look in a transmission electron microscope.

regards,

T

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,287 Views)

Hi tomtom,

it was just an example out of the internet.

Now I think, I understand what you want to do.

You wrote that you are working with VRML files. Do you know if VRML supports dividing a 3D object into layers and then integrale the layer.

If you speak German, we can discuss that in German. You can give me your E-Mail if you want.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,278 Views)