From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d picture control without shading

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like my 3D picture control to use NO shading whatsoever... If the polygon has a color of (255,0,0), I'd like it to appear with that color, no matter at what angle it is facing the viewpoint.

Is there any way to do this? The simplest shading available is 'Flat' which does change the color with the angle of view.

Maybe there's a way to achieve this with some particular scene lighting or something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,355 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author samapico

I THINK I got that effect by shutting off the light (or removing it) but did not like and un-did it fast.

So I'm not sure.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 3
(2,352 Views)

Cool! You're right... Setting 'Specials.Lighting' to Off gives a completely uniform color.

I gotta admit I didn't try that many things before posting here, but I was hoping for a quick solution 😄

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
(2,347 Views)